Q: Car kicks out to the right while driving over small bumps at high speeds

The rear right side or my car kicks out when I go over small bumps on the highway. Not sure what it is but feels dangerous. Has a cv axle that when jacked up it moves back and forth manually. Is that the problem?

A: The axle could be the issue. However, the r...

The axle could be the issue. However, the reason the axle is jumping in and out is more likely due to a worn bushing or control arm. The control arms hold the tires to the ground. With your vehicle, you have several bushings holding the vehicle to the ground.

A visual inspection and prying against all of them, testing them for any play, should give you an answer. Chances are at 116k miles you have a bushing in your suspension or driveline worn out which requires replacement.

Do not continue to drive this vehicle until you have your suspension system diagnosed by a qualified technician or alignment shop.