Q: Car kicks out to the right while driving over small bumps at high speeds

The rear right side or my car kicks out when I go over small bumps on the highway. Not sure what it is but feels dangerous. Has a cv axle that when jacked up it moves back and forth manually. Is that the problem?

The axle could be the issue. However, the reason the axle is jumping in and out is more likely due to a worn bushing or control arm. The control arms hold the tires to the ground. With your vehicle, you have several bushings holding the vehicle to the ground.

A visual inspection and prying against all of them, testing them for any play, should give you an answer. Chances are at 116k miles you have a bushing in your suspension or driveline worn out which requires replacement.

Do not continue to drive this vehicle until you have your suspension system diagnosed by a qualified technician or alignment shop.

• Car kicks out to the right while driving over small bumps at high speeds