Q: High pitched whistle sound

asked by on February 03, 2017

My car makes a high pitched whistle sound from I believe the passenger rear side on cold days at 30mph and 45mph. I have determined it is not the engine related because there is no sound while shifting in neutral and pressing the gas pedal. I have also noticed a change in pitch while driving over a bump. The sound desipates dramatically after a half hour of driving. Thanks, Robert

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may be having an issue with your suspension or brakes on the passenger rear side of the vehicle. I would recommend a brakes and suspension inspection be performed on your vehicle by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the noise. If the noise does turn out to be suspension or brake related, I would strongly recommend to have the faulty parts replaced as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the other components of the suspension and brake system. Consider YourMechanic for your brakes and suspension inspection as it can be done from your home or office.