Q: Car overheated and now it's shutting off. It cranks but won't start.

asked by on March 02, 2017

My car over heated I drove it till I seen it get really hot . I cooled it off drove it again and some how it got over heated again and shut off on me... I towed it home the coolant was leaking and when I started the car i stepped on the gas it sounded good but slowly shut off... now it only cranks but won't start it sounds like it does but can't ? How can I tell my engine is use less ? It did not blow out on me it just shut off of over heat low coolant from the bottom my car

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the coolant leaks out too much, the computer will see this from the coolant temperature and coolant level sensors and shut off the engine to prevent any damage to the engine. Check for the coolant leaks and top off the coolant when the leak is fixed. Then recheck the engines condition to see if it stalls out again. If the engine does stall out and begins to overheat, then the engine’s head gasket maybe burned or the thermostat maybe stuck. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.