Q: cannot move the steering wheel adjustment lever up or down to adjust hight

the steering wheel adjustment lever seems stuck .

Hello.

If the steering adjustment lever appears to be stuck then it may be possible that there is an issue with the mechanism. If the lever is manual type, then it uses pressure and friction to keep the wheel in position, and it may be possible that it is damaged or stuck. As most steering wheel adjustment mechanisms use pressure to hold the wheel, if it is stuck, it may simply require a bit of force to loosen. If the adjustment mechanism is electric, it may be possible that the actual adjuster switch has failed, or that the motor / actuator that operates the steering adjustment has gone bad. I would try to determine if the adjustment mechanism is electric or manual, and go from there, as the causes will differ depending on the type of mechanism. If you need assistance with this, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to help inspect your steering wheel issue, to diagnose and repair this for you.

3. cannot move the steering wheel adjustment lever up or down to adjust hight