Q: Car shut off, cannot be restarted - 2010 Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid

asked by on September 28, 2016

The other day, I tried to start the car but it wouldn't start for a while. Then, the engine started running briefly and I moved the car a bit. However, the engine shut off very soon afterwards. I wasn't able to restart the car ever since. What might be causing this?

Hello. It sounds like you may have a problem with the fuel pump or other components of the fuel system. It is also possible that there is a problem with the battery or other components of the electrical system. A weak battery and/or an alternator that is not charging properly may also be the culprit. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of the electrical system and fuel system and make a recommendation for the necessary repair.