Q: Car does not go into gear.

asked by on December 22, 2015

My car will not go into gear.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Most of the time when this issue occurs it is due to the shift interlock solenoid going bad. Systems that use this part usually have a manual override button near the shifter in order to manually shift into a gear. The information on how to do this will be located in your owners manual. If you are able to shift by pressing this button that will be another indicator that the shift interlock solenoid has gone bad. I would recommend having this gear shifting issue inspected by a professional.