Q: no engine light or codes, no blue or white smoke from tailpipe but smells like burning rubber, esp. when idle. whats wrong?

no engine light or codes, no blue or white smoke from tailpipe but smells like burning rubber, esp. when idle. whats wrong?

You should have your exhaust checked to see if you have something like a plastic bag stuck to the exhaust burning and causing smell. If not then check the engine for oil leaks to see if valve cover or oil pan is leaking.

3. no engine light or codes, no blue or white smoke from tailpipe but smells like burning rubber, esp. when idle. whats wrong?