Q: The RPM's on my car are increasing more quickly than I am accelerating

The other I filled up on gas and started driving, and then the engine started revving up a lot. I was speeding up from about 25 MPH to 35 MPH and the RPM's jumped up to above 4000. The engine got louder and I wasn't accelerating that quickly. I realized that the "O/D off" light was flashing during this as well. I am going to take the car to the shop, but would like to know what this could be ahead of time. Any ideas?

Hi there. If the O/D light was blinking, then that typically means that the computer is seeing a transmission problem. It can be as simple as a speed sensor or as complicated as a serious internal transmission failure. This can typically be caused by an issue with the second gear band breaking, which is common for some vehicles. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your acceleration issue and suggest the appropriate repairs.

3. The RPM's on my car are increasing more quickly than I am accelerating