Q: The check engine and o/d off lights are flashing ford escape

asked by on November 07, 2017

Had the alternator in my ford escape replaced twice in one year due to a "faulty part". Now when driving the car is very loud an the o/d off is flashing and so is the check engine light. The car is very loud and shaking.

Hi Alex. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Loud engine noise is typically caused by a crack in the exhausts manifold or the exhaust pipe. This could also be the source of your check engine light, as typically when this happens, it will trigger an error code. I think the best solution is to start with a check engine light inspection, so the mechanic can download the stored codes - which should allow them a starting point to correctly diagnose and resolve this issue.