Q: Car burns gas excessively

Hi, I need some advice related to the issue with my car. So, each time I brake, my gas amount goes down abnormally. The gas needle shows low levels and I have to refill it again. What do you think is causing the gas to disappear so quickly? Thanks.

Hello. It sounds like there may be a leak in your gas tank. That may explain why, when applying the brakes, the gas levels drop down. I would suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the fuel system for gas leaks. YourMechanic technicians are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.

3. Car burns gas excessively