Q: Car burns gas excessively

Hi, I need some advice related to the issue with my car. So, each time I brake, my gas amount goes down abnormally. The gas needle shows low levels and I have to refill it again. What do you think is causing the gas to disappear so quickly? Thanks.

Hello. It sounds like there may be a leak in your gas tank. That may explain why, when applying the brakes, the gas levels drop down. I would suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the fuel system for gas leaks. YourMechanic technicians are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.