Q: Can moisture on perforated leather damage the heated seat element?

My 2015 Honda CR-V has a black perforated leather interior. I use the Lexol to clean/condition the leather every few weeks. If moisture from cleaning the seats were to go through the perforations, could this damage the heated seat element? Thanks!

A: I don't think it would damage the eleme...

I don't think it would damage the elements since they are encased in plastic material. I would however recommend not spraying anything directly on the seats. In the future you should apply it on a clean rag and wipe it on. By doing it this way you do not get excess liquid into the seats. This will also prevent you from possibly getting cleaner on your clothing if you sit down on it immediately. If you managed to damage the heater elements, consider contacting YourMechanic, as a certified professional can diagnose your electrical issue firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.