Q: What steps should I take to troubleshoot a problem connection with the Auxiliary input jack?

What steps should I take to troubleshoot a problem connection with the Auxiliary input jack?

A: While Ford has made it as simple as possibl...

While Ford has made it as simple as possible to connect a portable music player to your car’s radio, there are a few problems that might crop up. Follow the tips below to troubleshoot the system:

• Make sure you’re not using a line level output. These cannot be used in your car. You must connect your device with an extension cable from the Headphone jack to the Auxiliary jack.

• If the sound is distorted, turn down the volume on your device and then adjust the volume on the car’s radio. Each portable music player is different, so you’ll need to experiment to find the right balance for you.

• If the volume on the car’s radio is low, but the sound is still distorted, turn down the player’s volume.

• The car’s radio only lets you connect to the speakers. You’ll still need to control things like song/track skipping, playing, pausing and the rest from your portable device.

• Don’t adjust settings or connect/disconnect your device while driving.