Q: Passenger seat belt system failed - 2008 BMW 528xi

asked by on September 27, 2016

I was driving my car about 40 mph when the passenger seat belt system failed. I have been told that it also affects the airbags. The seat belt pre-tensioner warning displayed on the message board. Plus, the airbag and seat belt warning lights came on. Before I take my car to a mechanic, what can you suggest that needs to be done for my car?

The SRS system needs to be interrogated for faults. Faults in the supplemental restraint system (SRS) will effect the triggering logic of the airbags in the event of an accident so it is highly recommended that you get the system looked at and repaired by a mechanic as soon as possible to avoid any danger. For a fault like this, it may be best to have a dealer investigate this warning light.