Q: Loud noise while driving

asked by on February 16, 2016

While driving, I heard a very loud noise. It sounded like something snapped. It's probably an exhaust problem. The car makes a loud noise when I start it, and while driving.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There is a TSB for a possible crack that can form in the right side exhaust tube, and cause a noise characteristic similar to what you are describing. The pipe will have to repaired, or replaced, based on the damage that may have occurred. You may want to enlist the assistance of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the equipment and training to properly diagnose the cause of the noise from your exhaust, and suggest the best path of repair.