Q: Transmission stuck in park

The transmission in my car wouldn't shift out park on several occasions, for which I went to the dealership multiple times. This started happening about a month ago. At the dealership, they had the gear shift mechanism replaced. However, the problem occurred again despite that. What could be problem?

A: Hello there, a few different faults can cau...

Hello there, a few different faults can cause the transmission to become stuck in park like this. The most common are the transmission range switch, neutral safety switch, or a brake switch issue.

Faults that occur intermittently like this can take some time to diagnose until the fault can be duplicated. I'd recommend getting the vehicle inspected by a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose your shifting issue and perform any repairs that are required.