Q: Gas problems

I have 1997 maxima when i bought this car it sat for maybe a year or so i wasnt sure what needed to be changed on it but now that i have it running better then it did when i got it i notice the gas mpg is horrible on my car and when i turn hard corners or turn just a little bit my gas gauge goes way down from half to close to under half is it suppose to move like this or is something dirty or need changeing cause its driving me crazy my other car is a dodge stratus 2006 and the gas gauge hand never moves as much as my nissan

Some older vehicles do not have a baffle on the fuel pump, to prevent rapid changes in fuel level when turning. This may be normal for this vehicle. Fuel milage can be affected by several items like failing sensors, mechanical problems, etc. I suggest having a certified technician check your vehicle to diagnose your worsening fuel milage.