Q: Misfire codes and no-start. What could it be?

I recently had my water pump and timing belt repalced... mechanic said he put more oil in it becaus eit was "low"... i got it back and it was starting up rough, drove it around and thru me code p1259 then went away. I asked what type of oil he put in it and he said 10w30 when my car take 5w30.. i was going to jus change oil but when i tired to start my car, it wouldnt start and thru me codes p0301-3 and p0300

A: Fault codes for P0300, P0301, P0302, etc. i...

Fault codes for P0300, P0301, P0302, etc. indicate misfires. P0301 would indicate cylinder #1 misfiring, P0302 would indicate cylinder #2 misfiring,etc. Code P2159 has to do with the VTEC system malfunction. If all this started after the timing belt replacement, it is possible that the timing marks were not lined up precisely and is causing multiple misfiring across all 4 cylinders. This can effect oil pressure which can set the ’VTEC fault code as well as the VTEC system operates by oil pressure. Also, if the VTEC solenoids were disconnected to work on the vehicle and reconnected improperly, that fault code can also be set. Also, just due to the age and mileage, the oil screens in the VTEC solenoids may be clogged and not allowing proper oil flow within them. You may want to have the repair shop that replaced the timing belt inspect the vehicle before driving it any further. If you would like to have a different mechanic check this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start issue and Check Engine Lights to make sure these are corrected.