My MDX has 107K miles, what major service is needed, if a...

Q: My MDX has 107K miles, what major service is needed, if any?

asked by on July 26, 2017

Recommended major service needed?

There is no scheduled, or Acura recommended, 100,000 maintenance service interval for your vehicle. Instead, virtually all maintenance required for your vehicle is tracked by the vehicle computer (a "maintenance minder" system) and reported, using letter and number codes, via the Driver Information Display. The Codes displayed refer to particular maintenance items and each and every such required item is identified and detailed in the 2009 Acura MDX Owner’s Manual. The procedure is to read the codes in the Driver Information Display and those codes will be your guide as to what must be performed. In addition, per Acura recommendations, you should completely replace the brake fluid every 3 years. Oil should be changed at least once per year if no oil change indication appears in the Display. But, again, all other items are tracked by the vehicle computer and reported in the Display. You can save a lot of money having any required maintenance performed right at your home, and also get the services of uniquely qualified, and certified, mechanics. To have a mechanic look at your Display and determine what is required, please request an appointment. In addition, you can review all maintenance and repair services that YourMechanic offers by visiting YourMechanic’s Services Page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair/maintenance dollars and help you to get the best possible results.