Q: I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot that has a smell of rubber coming from the exhaust do u know what that could be?

I am having 2 problems with my 2010 Jeep Patriot. It has a vibration noise in the back left side of the car when I reach between 30 to 40 miles per hour. This started right after we had new tires put on the vehicle and we brought it back twice to no avail the problem was not fixed. We decided to have another mechanic look at it and he came up with a bunch of issues we are having and it cost us 1300 dollars to fix. Well guess what, the problem is still there and now we have a problem of burning rubber smell coming from the exhaust. I feel as though I get raked over the coals every time I bring my vehicle in for inspection. Would love to know any advice you can give me.

A: It sounds like your tires are improperly ba...

It sounds like your tires are improperly balanced. It may be worth it to have another shop re-balance the tires. If they offer road force balancing, that may give you the best balance results.

I am not sure what would be causing the burning rubber smell other than something touching it that shouldn't be. A visual inspection of the exhaust may locate the cause of your concern.

If you would like a second opinion on the current repairs needed, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to determine the exact cause of the noise and smell and give you a quote for repairs, at a time and place of your choice.