Q: How do I find the part number on a wiring harness?

Need to know which wiring harness to order because it wrapped around my driveshaft and popped out

Most wiring harnesses will have identifying part numbers in different places on the harness. The number will be on a piece of tape wrapped around the harness. If you cannot find any, then you will have to identify it by what it is connected to and the colors of the wires. This way it can be isolated and identified. There are only a few different harnesses near the driveshaft if it was the back one in a 2-wheel drive truck. If it was a front drive shaft, then you have many possibilities. You can also narrow it down if you have a Check Engine or ABS Light on. If you want to have this looked at first, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical wiring and replace the wiring with the correct harness.

3. How do I find the part number on a wiring harness?