Q: CEL code P1101, Air intake system

Okay so I've been to the shop a couple times for this code, had my Air intake manifold replaced, hoses are good no leaks at all, the mechanic even cleaned my MAF for free. Car is running great, no poor fuel economy, no surging, it idles quite well. Could it be a fluke in the system with just a CEL on for no reason? I have spent nearly $7,000 in repairs on this car. So hopefully I'm done! Could the wire for the CEL have a short? The mechanic said it is running great and are amazed at this bizarre event. They did offer to bring it back to check on the parts all ready replaced under warranty which is the valve cover gasket and Air intake manifold. What are your thoughts?

A: Hi there. It may be time to find another re...

Hi there. It may be time to find another repair facility. The P1101 code is the MAF (mass airflow) sensor is out of self-test range. This means the voltage parameters the PCM (powertrain control module)/computer expects to see for the MAF, is not within specification. The PCM recognizes the fault and turns on the check engine light. There are test procedures to confirm the diagnoses. It may be, a poor electrical connection between the MAF and PCM. I recommend having your vehicle’s check engine light on be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.