Q: How long does a muffler last? How many miles it take to replace a muffler? Is theirs any difference between each muffler? (2 muffler)

How long does a muffler last? How many miles it takes to replace a muffler? Is theirs any difference between one side from the car muffler from the other? Thank you.

My car has to get a new muffler should I get one or two ? But it doesn't need to be replace I suppose it just makes a loud noise that doesn't suppose to make in order to pass inspection. Thank you.

A: There is a good chance it is the 'flex&...

There is a good chance it is the 'flex' pipe section leaking. The life of the exhaust depends on mileage, driving conditions, and where you live. Snow and icy climates rip through exhaust systems with rust and road salt.

The 3.0 Hondas come with a stainless steel exhaust system which last for almost forever. The flex pipe typically cracks due to loose engine mounts. If someone has replaced the exhaust, then it may have rusted through. If you have the factory exhaust, then it should last the life of the car unless you live in a snow-type climate. If you want to have the noise looked at, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your exhaust system and let you know what adjustments should be done.