Q: Poorly running engine.

My car (Renault Clio) has recently had a passenger side drive shaft replacement. It was jacked up so that the fuel tank and the fuel faced away from the pipes/hoses taking it to the engine. The car is now not running smoothly, misfiring occasionally I believe. Is it possible that a hose has been knocked or is it simply that the car was jacked up in a way that made the fuel going away from the engine and after driving for a while all should return to normal? Cheers

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The fuel delivery system may very well be the cause of your problem. However, simply raising up the vehicle will not stop the fuel from flowing to the engine. This is not your issue, as fuel systems run at a much higher PSI then gravity can compete with. Your attention needs to be turned to the fuel lines. Its more likely that whomever raised the vehicle off the ground has pinched, dented, cut, or otherwise damaged the fuel lines. Double check all of the lines are flawless, and make sure that includes the fuel filter. You may need a diagram for this. You can also have the fuel pressure available at the engine tested by a technician. The fuel system sounds like its to blame, and your focus should be on finding what is cutting off the flow.

3. Poorly running engine.