Q: Cannot get trunk open after using Valet mode

I was demonstrating the Valet feature of my car's trunk this weekend, and then after I closed the trunk, the key will not open the trunk. I can insert the key into the lock, but when I try using it, it does not budge. I don't want to force it because that could break the key off into the lock. I tried both of my keys and neither of them worked. I tried the keys in the other locks, the driver's door and glove box, and it worked fine. How can I get into the trunk, since the seat release is located in the trunk?

A: If your vehicle has a valet switch, it shou...

If your vehicle has a valet switch, it should be located on the interior of the vehicle. This switch is often times hidden in the glove compartment somewhere. Whichever button you pressed to activate the valet feature is the same button that should be pressed to deactivate it. On some systems, with the valet system engaged, the key will not open the trunk by design. This feature is intended to prevent valet drivers from being able to access your trunk and possibly steal your valuable items.