Q: Car stays stuck in reverse

asked by on September 30, 2017

So when I tried to park my car I put in into park but the dashboard still read Reverse and from that point I was not able to move the gear shifter so I had to apply the e brake so the car wont move. It turns out the gear shift cable was not linked to the gear lever so i fixed that today no problem. But my problem still occurs when I try shifting gears. It will still stay stuck in the Reverse position on the dashboard but physically the gear shifter stick is in the park position

You will need to check both ends of your shifter cable to see if the shift cable bushings are worn out and need to be replaced? If they are worn out then replace bushings and or cable.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr