Q: Failsafe mode

asked by on February 17, 2018

I had to have the MAF sensor replaced on my car. 2 weeks later my engine light came on and my car went into failsafe mode. So back to the mechanic . Says codes for throttle body come up but everything is reading in the normal range. He kept the car for a couple days and wasn't able to replicate the issue. A week later I am getting hesitation,no failsafe mode or engine light yet. Any ideas?

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A scanner has to be applied to look at long and short term fuel trim, the waveform output of the oxygen sensors and other key engine operating parameters. Hesitation is definitely due to a fuel or ignition system fault and the fault should now be identifiable given that you can actually detect the hesitation as the driver. A common possibility is plugged fuel injectors but nothing is certain until a diagnostic is performed. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine hesitation diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.