Q: Stalls out when I put in drive p1729

asked by on October 18, 2016

I have had the car two days. It drove great first day . But just today I was driving and it stalled out. It starts right back up when I put in reverse it drives when I put in drive it inmediately stalls out. After code p1729 we changed transmission control module. Code went away but car is still stalling out when out into drive it reads no code says it's good to go. I'm confused and don't know what to try to fix now??? Please help any help would be great

Hi. This sounds like there maybe a loose or broken vacuum line going to the engine or intake. There is also a possibility that the mass air flow sensor is bad or very dirty causing your issue. The tubengine from the air filter book to the intake could also have a leak in it as well. I have also seen that a bad idle air control valve can cause this problem as well. I suggest you have a certified tech from yourmechanic come and diagnosis your car.