Q: During interstate resurface work, windshield cracked by rock

I was driving on the interstate in the center lane when a rock hit my windshield and caused a crack in it. When I was driving that day, the interstate was being resurfaced and there was a lot of road work being done. I am sure that this rock was debris from the work being performed on the resurfacing project. Whom could I contact and how would I go about submitting some kind of request to the highway department for assistance with this windshield repair?

You’re not likely to have any luck getting the state to pay for it. Fortunately, windshield replacement is relatively inexpensive - typically under $200. Try to take the car into a shop that will be able to do a windshield replacement service. If the scratch was minor enough, you could try to restore the scratch yourself if you are comfortable with this type of work.

3. During interstate resurface work, windshield cracked by rock