Q: During interstate resurface work, windshield cracked by rock

I was driving on the interstate in the center lane when a rock hit my windshield and caused a crack in it. When I was driving that day, the interstate was being resurfaced and there was a lot of road work being done. I am sure that this rock was debris from the work being performed on the resurfacing project. Whom could I contact and how would I go about submitting some kind of request to the highway department for assistance with this windshield repair?

A: You’re not likely to have any luck getting ...

You’re not likely to have any luck getting the state to pay for it. Fortunately, windshield replacement is relatively inexpensive - typically under $200. Try to take the car into a shop that will be able to do a windshield replacement service. If the scratch was minor enough, you could try to restore the scratch yourself if you are comfortable with this type of work.