Q: 2005 toyota camry 4 cylinder car plastic end of dipstick evidently broke off

asked by on September 04, 2017

The plastic end must be in the oil somewhere and I'm having your company replace the gasket. I don't know when this happened and the car runs fine. I checked the oil a few days previous to when I noticed the end missing today. Would the piece be on the bottom of oil pan when the oil is drained?? Thanks KEN

It is very possible that the plastic piece could be in the bottom of the oil pan. It is also possible that it could come out with just draining the oil. More than likely the oil pan will need to be removed to get it out. I would recommend having it removed as it could potentially cause engine damage if it becomes lodged in the right place.