Q: Car has no electrical power at all

Car cigarette lighter stopped working randomly. Then, Car battery light kept coming on when my car was powered off, this lasted for weeks. Then it completely died and lost all electrical power when I was driving on the highway one day, and it hasnt cranked or started up since. What could be wrong with my car?

A number of components or situations can be causing this. If the alternator is not charging and providing the electrical needs of the vehicle, the battery will be drained. Once it is dead, nothing in the car will work. Other components like a main relay can be preventing electrical power from getting to the fuse box, starter and ignition circuits, etc. A broken fusible link between the battery and starter can also be causing this situation. Broken wires, loose or corroded connectors can be just a few of the causes. Any number of electrical issues can cause issues. A certified technician will be able to inspect the vehicle to determine the cause of the no start and no power.

3. Car has no electrical power at all