Q: My car has trouble starting when the engine is hot, I never have a problem in the morning or when I get off work.

I thought it was the battery but I changed it and I'm still having the same problem. I'm not sure what it could be that is being affected from the hot engine.

Hi there. It sounds like the ignition coils are getting hot and when the engine is shut off, the engine will not restart due to an ignition coil that will not produce a spark. Remove one spark plug wire at a time and check for spark on the engine with a spark tester tool. If the tool is adjusted to 30 thousandths and the spark starts jumping around, then the coil would need replaced. If the spark is good, then I recommend replacing the spark plugs and wires. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting when hot, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My car has trouble starting when the engine is hot, I never have a problem in the morning or when I get off work.