Q: how do you know if you need a whole throttle body compared to just cleaning it or replacing sensors

a week ago my car stopped i had a broken key so i assumed it was the key. my mechanic fixed the key and said it was still acting up. checked it out then said i had diesel in my gas tank. said he would have to put in new fuel pump, filter, spark plugs and ignition coil. did that still acting up said i had a vacuum leak. still acting up now say i need a whole throttle body. it is idled high and when u push the accelerator it kinda chokes downs and feels like it wants to shut off.

A: I would recommend cleaning and <a href='htt...

I would recommend cleaning and replacing the sensors first. Generally, throttle bodies do not need to be replaced completely, but rather just need specific parts related to them replaced. I would also recommend checking the mass air flow sensor to be sure it is functioning correctly as well since this could also cause the car to hesitate or run poorly. I would consider having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the high idling and hesitation problem.