Q: I have a 2009 Chevy aveo. The temperature gauge is under C and the hold button is flashing. I have a/c and heat is working.

My 2009 chevy aveo has had a lot of work done to it last year. I have had work done on the transmission about 6x in just 3 months. I have a/c and heat. This has happened before where the temp gauge will be below C and the hold button will be flashing. I know the hold button has to do with the transmission.

Hi there. When the temperature gauge displays below the "C" - this is typically an indication that either the coolant temperature sensor is damaged or the display gauge itself is faulty, has a blown fuse or there is a communication error from the sensor to the ECU. A broken coolant temperature sensor can cause hard staring issues (in colder weather) and overheating problems while the AC is active. You should probably have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a temperature gauge inspection.

• I have a 2009 Chevy aveo. The temperature gauge is under C and the hold button is flashing. I have a/c and heat is working.