Q: How do you adjust the manual driver seat in a 2012 Toyota RAV4?

How do you adjust the manual driver seat?

If your car has manual controls for the driver seat, you can adjust a lot of different things in order to get the right position for driving, as well as the comfort you want. Here’s what you need to do:

• Pull up on the bar in the front to slide the seat forward or backward. Make sure you’re sitting as far from the steering wheel as possible without reducing your ability to control the vehicle.

• Pull up on the small lever on the back left side of the seat to adjust the seatback.

• Pull up or push down on the large lever at on the front left side of the seat to adjust the height of the seat.

Tips

• Never recline your seat fully as you can slide under the seat belt in an impact.

• Always sit as far as possible from the steering wheel to protect yourself from the air bag.