Q: 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan codes P0123, P0222 and P0562...please help!!

asked by on September 24, 2017

I have had some issues with the van starting, and today it really hesitated starting. Then it ran rough, the van would not respond to acceleration normally, acted like it would stall upon stopping or decreasing speed. Hooked up a code reader and got the following codes- P0123, P0222 and P0562.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

P0123 and P0222 both implicate the throttle position sensor and circuit. P0562 involves the charging circuit and alternator. These are not particularly difficult codes to resolve as both the charging circuit and the throttle position sensor/circuit can be directly tested and viewed in real time on an appropriate automotive scan tool. I would recommend requesting a check engine light diagnostic during which a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr