code p0129 2004 ram 2500 v8-5.7l p0129 dodge

Q: code p0129

check engine light came on early this morning had no blinking etc light vehicle ran completely fine the went back out and check engine light was off so i put a obd 2 on it code came up p0129 "barometric pressure is low' what is the possible cause

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having an issue with the air intake sensors. The point of this sensor is to detect atmospheric pressure, which in other terms means a measurement of the oxygen available in the air so that the computer make regulate the fuel/air mixture perfectly. This is either measured by the BPS or MAF sensor. On your specific vehicle it should be measured with the Mass Airflow Sensor. You may want to start by checking the wiring connection the sensor to the computer, but the sensor does fail eventually. It is also possible the sensor is dirty and needs to be cleaned. You will likely see more faults from the sensor continue to arise if it is not resolved. With that being said, you will want to have the sensor replaced if cleaning does not solve the issue. For more diagnostic or repair help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.