Q: Battery + Oil Light on - engine won't start 2006 Kia Rio

Battery + oil Light came on and my car wont start. All the lights come on..but when i try to crank my car it makes a whining sound. I was told it was my starter had a new put on. Still doing the same thing.

Hi there - I would check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. It would seem that something else is not quite right with your engine. If your engine is cranking (i.e. actually spinning the motor over), you can then check for spark at the plugs to determine whether the problem is ignition or fuel supply. If the starter doesn’t seem like it’s working all that hard when you crank the engine - it’s possible the timing chain broke, the engine makes an unusual "whirring" sound while cranking, and the engine needs serious repair work. In any case, I would recommend a engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Battery + Oil Light on - engine won't start 2006 Kia Rio