Q: It won't start and the ECU is not found by scanner.

I would like to know where the engine ecu fuse is on a ford focus estate diesel 1.8 mk1 because my car wont start. a mechanic has put it on a machine but cannot find engine ecu

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. First check the battery and make sure that there is 12.6 volts. If the battery is low, then the battery will need charged before testing again. Check the wiring from the battery to the fuse box and make sure that there is battery voltage present. If there is no voltage present, then check the condition of the wiring and make sure that the wires are connected properly. Check the fuses in the fuse box for if any of them are burned. If all of the fuses are good and the ECU is not registering any connections, then the ground circuit to the ECU is loose or burned. If you need further assistance with the vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.