Q: Why does my car jump/shake when turning left, after i got my right cv axle and lower ball joint replaced?

my car broke down on me once so i had my cv axle fixed and my lower passenger side ball joint. as soon as i left my mechanic my car broke down again, not even 5 miles away. so i got towed again to my mechanic. and they told me they put the wrong size axle on and they replaced it with the right one after that. now my car has a constant bumping feeling when i turn left and also my power steering is bad. can someone help please!?

A: Hello - from your description, it sounds li...

Hello - from your description, it sounds like the left (driver) side CV joint and axle are bad as well, and should be replaced. The outer CV joints take a beating while turning and applying power. It is possible that both outer CV joints were bad from the beginning, but your shop only replaced the passenger-side axle and joint. I would recommend an inspection of the left axle and steering linkage by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.