Feels like front tires are locked up rubbing grinding now...

Q: Feels like front tires are locked up rubbing grinding now

asked by on September 10, 2017

I recently bought a 03 Mercury Mountaineer that had been in an accident that pushed the rod into the transfer case leaving a good sized whole in it. I have replaced quite a few mechanical parts including the transfer case. Now when I go to drive it feels as tho something is locked up. Causing tires to sorta bounce when turning.... and has a rubbing sound. Any ideas?

If the vehicle is 4 wheel drive, it sounds like it could be stuck in 4WD. Another possibility may be that the differential i stuck in the locked state if it is equipped with this option. Lastly, you may want to have the alignment on the vehicle checked as well as this could also cause the wheels to bounce a bit when turning as well.