Q: Computer went bad that controls spark plug

asked by on November 20, 2016

Is it worth fixing with the miles it has on it

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Before you can determine if the vehicle should be repaired you should have a qualified mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and scan the computer for you. You may have a sensor like the crankshaft sensor that could be bad and would cause a no start condition with no spark. A common test would be to have the check engine light tested or the no start condition tests to diagnose the cause of the no start. The computer may not be the cause. Even if the computer is the cause it should not exceed the value of the vehicle if the computer needs replaced. Have the mechanic diagnose to verify the needed repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr