Q: Why are the fans staying on when the car is off to where I have to pull the fuse?

The car is a 2008 Acura RDX. The two radiator fans are staying on well after the car is off. I had to pull the 30A fuse under the hood to get them off. 24 hours later I replaced the fuse without turning on the car and the fans came on again. What is the most likely cause?

The fans are controlled by a relay as well as a temperature switch and possibly timer(s). The relay may be stuck in the closed position and that would be the first and easiest component to test. If a relay tests bad, typical protocol is to test the rest of the circuit as well, to be sure there are no other malfunctions. I would recommend an inspection of the cooling fan relay. Such an inspection (and replacement of the part, if indicated) is performed on a mobile basis right at your location. Hopefully, we can resolve this for you but if you have additional questions or concerns by all means please let us know.

3. Why are the fans staying on when the car is off to where I have to pull the fuse?