Q: will an open door light left on (in dash) cause battery to totally discharge over 4 days?

Totally dead battery that will recharge with regular battery charger.

It is common for the battery to die if a door was left cracked for several days. When the door is left open, the car does not go into its sleep shutdown mode and some of the interior lights stay on such as the dome lights and door marker lights. The battery should be fully recharged and then load tested to make sure it is in good condition.

• will an open door light left on (in dash) cause battery to totally discharge over 4 days?