Q: Interior lights do not work - 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

I have a used Wagoneer and the interior lights never worked. I looked at the wiring to try to fix it. But the previous owner did an awful job with the wiring. I don’t know where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

From your description, it sounds like a professional mechanic with great electrical diagnostic skills, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, will need to look at the vehicle, with or without a wiring diagram, to get to the bottom of the failing electrical components.