Q: Q: Check engine light stays on

I will soon have emissions testing and there is the check engine light on in my vehicle. I have already done some repairs on the car, including the solenoid valve replacement, the knock sensor as well as the gas line. I was told that EDV is okay but that the CEL might be on due to MAP sensor. Do you have any idea what might be making the CEL to stay on?

Hello. In order to know why the light is on, I would need to know the codes from the computer. It can be anything for a computer issue to a bad gas cap. I usually scan the computer first to see what is going on. This will point me in the right direction when looking for the faulty component. If you want to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make the correct repairs.

3. Q: Check engine light stays on