Q: My car makes a weird noise when I first start driving it and also when I put it in reverse but it stops when I start driving

When I start my car it makes a loud noise and also when I put it in reverse and start reversing it sounds strange not sure what it could be

First we must determine what type of noise the vehicle is making. Rattling noises may come from panels whose fasteners have become rusted, worn or broken over time and the panels vibration at low engine speeds, but level out as the engine speed rises and the vehicle starts to move. A broken engine mount make cause noises as well. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at your vehicle’s noises and offer a more personal diagnosis.

• My car makes a weird noise when I first start driving it and also when I put it in reverse but it stops when I start driving