Q: Does the 2008 Kia Optima have an ABS system? Does anything need to be pressed when changing the wheel hub/bearing assembly?

I need to replace the wheel bearings in my 2008 Kia Optima, but when shopping around online, the only hub/bearing assembly I find are without ABS. So my husband and I looked to see if my car had an ABS, and to me it looks like I don't because I do not see an indicator on my dash board that says ABS when I turn my key - I only see a TPMS indicator. So, first question, does my car have an ABS? Second question is in regards to replacing the hub assembly. If we are purchasing the hub/bearing assembly, that comes ready to install I assume, would anything else need to be pressed? Thanks!

Hi Laura. Thanks for writing in today. In regards to whether your 2008 Kia Optima has ABS, that depends on what model you have. ABS is an optional upgrade that is available in multiple trim levels. The best way to know for sure is to call a Kia dealership parts and service department and provide them with the VIN number so they can look up your vehicle. This is also the best way to verify the right replacement parts are being purchased. You don’t have to buy the parts from the dealership, just ask them for a parts number. When it comes to replacing wheel bearings(which is a hub assembly as you’ve indicated), it’s always best to buy OEM replacement parts. Also, if you’re attempting this service on your own, ALWAYS purchase a service and repair manual, so you can ensure to follow each step involved in this service.

3. Does the 2008 Kia Optima have an ABS system? Does anything need to be pressed when changing the wheel hub/bearing assembly?