Q: Spilled drink on my gear shifter on my Toyota RAV4 2015 model, need some help in taking it apart and removing it to clean it

asked by on June 18, 2017

I spilled a drink on my gear shifter and now it is all sticky and it is hard to change the gears for my Totora RAV 2015 model, so need some help taking it apart and removing it in order to clean it.

Thanks

Hi there. We really don’t have a service for this particular application quite yet - but, we might be able to help you. There are two options to consider. First, you can purchase a service and repair manual that should provide you with instructions on how to remove the shift console, and clean what might be causing your obstruction. Or, you can contact our service department and request a quote to have one of our professional mechanics help you find the reason why you are having these issues.