Q: The electric power steering system warning light is on and check engine light is on.Code P0607

asked by on August 31, 2017

The electric power steering system warning light is on and check engine light is on.Code P0607 for my Toyota Venza 2013 AWD. Thanks

P0607 is a code for a control module failure It may mean a control module failure or It may be set by low battery voltage or wiring harness problems. To have it show up on such a new car makes me wonder if there was an accessory shop involved. Sometimes the shops that install car alarms and sound systems can damage the wiring harness and bring up problems like this. That you know the code says that you had the car scanned. But if you had it done with a generic scan tool, there may be more information in there that you are not seeing. The car should be scanned with Toyota specific software to get the whole story. To get this checked out at your convenience, you can contact Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Venza and let you know what steps you need to take.