Q: My car belt keeps cutting out every time I put on a new one

My belt keep cutting change it more than sis times
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there:

In most cases when the serpentine or drive belt keeps breaking it’s due to one of three issues. First, the belt is either too tight or too loose when it’s installed; which is typically caused by a drive belt tensioner pulley that’s damaged. Second, would be a damaged of faulty drive pulley. Finally, it’s possible that the belt is installed sideways or not straight, which will cause excessive heat to build up on the belt itself and possibly shred. Check all three of these items and if you can’t determine why you’re having this issue, please feel free to contact a professional mechanic to diagnose or repair this issue for you.